Saturday, November 9, 2013

DIY Favorite Hairties

Get ready for one of the easiest DIY projects ever. You know those pretty elastic hairties that come in all kinds of colors and patterns? You can make them yourself!

Anthropologie, $12 for set of 5


It's as easy as ordering some elastic, cutting strips of about 8 inches, tying the ends in a knot, and burning the ends for just a second with a match to keep them from fraying. 

You can find all kinds of cute hairties through Etsy, but you can make your sets completely customizable by just doing it yourself. I also made myself some headbands, which I wear all the time. They would make nice little stocking stuffers for the holidays.

For the life of me, I can't figure out where I ordered my elastic, but here are a couple places to order: 
Abbiesboutique.com (good prices, 80 colors in basic elastic)
Sunshineshoppesupply.com (huge variety of colors, patterns, and textures sold by the yard)

I think I'm going to order some in velvet, chevron, glitter, and houndstooth. Pictures to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment