Sunday, March 2, 2014

Spicy Thai Coconut Soup

I wouldn't want to eat this soup every day, but it was a good enough recipe to keep for another time.


What you need:

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
  • Some ginger...I have one of those bottles you keep in the fridge...so I just gave it a good squirt
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp sambal oelek (or thai red curry paste)
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tsp soy sauce
  • You'll see some green stuff in my photo. Yeah, I have no idea what that is. Probably spinach, maybe green onion.


The original recipe from Food Wanderings in Asia called for a few more ingredients (mushrooms, lemon grass, koriander), but I'm not that fancy, and someone in the house doesn't like mushrooms.

Steps:
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add the sambal oelek and cook for another minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment